If you are receiving the following error message when attempting to start PSIcapture:
Please attempt to follow these steps to resolve the issue before submitting a ticket:
- Press "CTRL + SHIFT + ESC" to open the Task Manager application
- Select "More details"
- Navigate to the "Services" tab
- Scroll down until you locate the "CaptureServices" service.
- NOTE: There is also a "CaptureService" service, this is not the correct service.
- Right-click the "CaptureServices" service
- Select "Start" from the drop-down
- Press "Windows Key + R" to open the Run application
- Type "services.msc" into the text input field and select "OK"
- From the Services window, scroll the window until the Capture Services service has been located
- Right-click the Capture Services service and select "Start" from the drop-down list
- A dialog box with a progress bar will appear. Once the dialog box has disappeared, attempt to open PSIcapture again.
If the error is still occurring or the Capture Services service continues to stop unexpectedly, please submit a ticket with the Capture.Services log file for the current month attached.
The log file can be found in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\PSIGEN\Capture.Services\Logs