Upgrading PSI:Capture follows typical software installation procedures in most cases. During the installation application data is not removed, all configuration and licensing data will remain across the uninstall, reboot and reinstall of the system. PSI:Capture version 4.0 and later also makes a backup copy of critical application data, which you can find at the locations described here:
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and later operating systems
- C:\ProgramData\PSIGEN\Capture.Services\Batch Manager\Backup
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PSIGEN\Capture.Services\Batch Manager\Backup
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PSIGEN\Capture.Services\Configuration\Backup
- Check your dropbox to download the latest installer or patch for the version of PSI:Capture you are currently running. If you haven't had this shared, pleasecontact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you on the list
- If you are an end user, you can request the latest software download from your reseller.
- For additional information refer to the following Knowledge Base article: Release Announcements & Software Downloads
- When downloading the latest release, the release notes will specify whether the software version you are currently running can be patched, or requires a full install.
- If the instructions require you to do a full install:
- Uninstall PSI:Capture off of the machine being upgraded.
- Reboot the machine.
- Install the new version using the downloaded installer.
- If you are upgrading multiple machines, it is recommended that you start with the Capture Server and/or License server, and then proceed to the network stations; keeping all machines on the same version of the software.
- If the instructions allow patching from your current version:
- Execute the downloaded patch on each station.
- No reboot is required.
- If you are upgrading from version 3.6 or earlier, please observe the following additional steps:
- Ensure that your License Server is patched to at least version 220.127.116.11.
- Ensure that your PSI:Capture stations are patched to at least version 18.104.22.168.
- if you require assistance in obtaining these versions, please contact your Reseller or our Support Team.
- Following the upgrade of all stations, assembly a set of test documents that are representative of documents that you typically process through the system.
- You should run a test batch for each document type that you have configured in the system.
- The release notes for the new version should be used as a guideline for determine which specific features you may need to test.
- Contact our Support Team immediately if you find any issues following the upgrade.
- Check the Partner Portal periodically for new releases to keep your PSI:Capture installation up to date with the latest feature enhancements and bug fixes.