When upgrading from PSI:Capture version 3.6 and earlier to version 4.0 and later many customers are using custom scripting, which requires additional steps during the upgrade process. To upgrade scripts you must perform the following configuration steps for each document type that contains one or more script entries.
- Open configuration and edit the document type in question, moving to step 5 of 9.
- Click the "Edit" button to the right of the "Use Custom Validation Script" check box.
- The scripting editor will open.
- Click the Build & Save button on the toolbar.
- Correct any errors identified in each script entry, retrying the Build & Save action until it succeeds.
- Save the document type and proceed to testing.
- Test each edited document type completely through it's workflow, ensuring that you exercize all features that interact with indexing and/or scripting.
If for any reason you are unable to complete the scripting updates necessary our support team as well our Professional Services team are always available to assist.